Random 1h sculpt from scratch is very random.
I really want to draw or sculpt my stuff right now and I’ve got so many things going on at the same time that I forget to finish half of those. I also have dolls to customize and pictures to take.But I’ll be spending the rest of the day learning Maya and some other lovely software :/
My last retakes on the Berserker and Hunter faces.
I wonder if I should print them later on or hand-sculpt those from scratch?
With seven extra pieces inserted into the chi! body, you get a taller, more slender and more articulated doll. It’s trickier to manipulate but sitting poses are so much fun! What do you think? Do you prefere chi! or chi!plus configuration?
Starting my F.A.Q post, feel free to ask me anything you are interested in, and I’ll add info to this post.
1. So what are you?
I am a professionnal artist, I work in gamedev but I only post my personnal art here.
2. How/why did you get into collecting BJD dolls?
I must have ran into them on the web. I wanted to get one because they are better built then any action figures, more customizable than any art toys and basically just beautiful. I ended up having a collection and a lot of fun painting and customizing them.
3. What do you use for BJD modificaitons?
The exacto/art knifes and sanding paper. It’s the same thing I use for sculpting, it’s low-cost basics you can do everything with. I have a nice dremel but I don’t use it at all (too much noise, too much vibration for my wrist, dust spreading flying everywhere, not enough precision.) I have a exacto-like mini saw that I use only when I need to…saw something into pieces. And I also have a very small vacuum cleaner to get rid of all the resin dust before I breathe too much of it in, probably my most important work tool :D
4.What about your characters?
I’ve got about 6 main independent stories/worlds, so I’ll just list the main characters for each:
- The Berserk King and Hunter, his outlaw bodyguard.
- Réi, an artifical being created by a theocratic society who believes that robots could communicate with their gods.
- Yorgan Zale, the banished High Priest of the kindgom who joined a bunch of gangsters to survive.
- Vampire wraiths, a species of humanoid soul-hunting ethereal creatures, there are four of them that I regulary draw.
- Daniel Vice is an alien larva that ends up on Earth as a sort of a punishement for his “maturity exams” failure. I need to draw more of him.